How to cook Broiled Puffed Sole Fillets
- 4 sole or flounder fillets, about 6 ounces each
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 egg white
- Lemon wedges, to garnish (optional)
- Fresh parsley sprigs, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Sprinkle the sole fillets evenly with salt and pepper; place on a lightly greased broiler rack of broiler pan.
- Broil 4 inches from heat 6 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Combine cheese, mayonnaise, and red pepper; stir well.
- Beat egg white (at room temperature) at high speed of an electric mixer until stiff peaks form; fold egg white into cheese mixture.
- Spread cheese mixture over the sole fillets; broil 3 to 4 minutes or until tops are puffed and golden brown.
- If desired, garnish with lemon and parsley. Serve the Broiled Puffed Sole Fillets immediately.
The Broiled Puffed Sole Fillets recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Broiled Puffed Sole Fillets serves/makes: 4 servings
The Broiled Puffed Sole Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Sole
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled