How to cook Broiled Red Snapper with Baked Cauliflower
- 1 whole red snapper, about 2 pounds
- 4 tablespoons Teriyaki marinade and sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemon slices
- 2-3 sprigs fresh greens (parsley or dill)
- For Baked Cauliflower and Vegetables:
- 1 medium head of cauliflower (about 1 1/3 pounds), divided into florets
- 1 large onion, cut into half rings 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 large carrot, cut into thin long strips
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon seasoning for vegetables
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 3 ounces cheese, grated
- Olive oil
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut into half
- Carefully clean the fish, remove the entrails and head.
- Rinse the fish under running cold water inside and out.
- Pat dry with paper towels, then make 3-4 diagonal slashes on each side of the fish.
- Rub generously with Teriyaki marinade inside and out, place it in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Then sprinkle the fish with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and stuff the cavity of fish with fresh greens and lemon slices.
- Heat broiler. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and broil 6-inch from heat, just until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- To prepare the baked cauliflower and vegetables, boil the cauliflower florets for 5 minutes in salted water and drain.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan, over medium heat, and saute chopped onion and sliced garlic until transparent.
- Remove garlic, add carrot strips and 1 tablespoons of olive oil. Cook until carrot change color.
- Then add julienned bell pepper and seasoning for vegetables, stir and simmer, covered with a lid, until pepper is tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Grease a baking dish (I used 3 individual baking dishes.) with olive oil, put in cauliflower in one layer and top with the cooked vegetable mixture.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of olive oi, 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of tomato paste, 3 tablespoons of sour cream, and ground pepper.
- Spread this mixture and sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Then top with tomato halves and bake, covered with foil, in a preheated 200°C (390°F) oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Then remove foil and bake another 5-7 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve the broiled red snapper hot with baked vegetables and your favorite sauce for fish or ketchup on the side.
- Garnish with sliced lemon and fresh greens.
- Bon appetit!
The Broiled Red Snapper
with Baked Cauliflower recipe very easy to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Broiled Red Snapper with Baked Cauliflower serves/makes: 3 servings
The Broiled Red Snapper with Baked Cauliflower recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Snapper
Preparation Method: Baked