How to cook Broiled Salmon with Lemongrass and Ginger
- 1 single-serve salmon steak (about 6 ounces)
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 12 basil leaves (I recommend Holy basil or lemon basil or Thai basil)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 - 3 slices ginger
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Mango Salad Ingredients:
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Take only the light-colored portion of the lemongrass. Peel off the fibrous outer layers. Cut the soft portion into small pieces.
- Grind together the lemongrass, ginger, garlic, basil leaves and salt. Use a mortar and pestle, a blender or a food processor - it’s up to you.
- After grinding, the mixture should be a coarse paste. It can be a fine paste, if you like. Just process longer. Stir in the olive oil.
- Spread the mixture on both sides of the salmon.
- Broil the salmon for 8 to 10 minutes (The actual broiling time may vary depending on the size of the steak. DO NOT overcook.).
- Serve the Broiled Salmon with Lemongrass and Ginger immediately with a salad, whatever your favorite is (I highly recommend mango salad, see the recipe below).
Makes: 4 servings
How to cook Mango Salad
- Juice from 2 limes or calamansi
- 2 tablespoons patis (Filipino fish sauce)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 bird's eye chili, stemmed and minced
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3 large Indian mangoes (ripe but very firm), peeled and julienned
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 6 - 7 basil leaves, julienned
- In a bowl, combine lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, oil and chili peppers. Whisk until well-blended and sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add coconut. Cook, stirring regularly, for about 1 - 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove immediately from pan and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine mango, bean sprouts, basil, toasted coconut and chopped nuts. Gently toss to distribute. When ready to serve, drizzle with lime dressing and toss.
Cooking time for the Broiled Salmon: 15 minutes
The Broiled Salmon with Lemongrass and Ginger is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, quick, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Broiled Salmon with Lemongrass and Ginger serves/makes: 1 serving
The Broiled Salmon with Lemongrass and Ginger recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Philippine Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled