How to cook Broiled Scampi
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8 shallots, chopped very fine, about 3/4 cup
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 cup canned stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Shell shrimp, leaving last tail segment of shell in place. To butterfly; Split each shrimp lengthwise, from head to tail, leaving intact at tail. Remove dark vein from center of shrimp.
- In hot butter and oil in large skillet, sauté shallot and garlic, stirring, 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and mushrooms; cook, stirring, 5 minutes longer.
- Add salt, pepper, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons parsley and the shrimp; toss to mix well.
- Divide shrimp mixture into 6 individual baking dishes. Broil, 4 to 5 inches from heat, 10 minutes, or just until shrimp are tender.
- Sprinkle each with rest of parsley.
The Broiled Scampi recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Broiled Scampi serves/makes: 6
The Broiled Scampi recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled