4 - 6
How to cook Broiled Shad
- 1 whole American shad, medium size (about 2 - 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean the whole American shad, split down the back, wash in cold water, and wipe it dry.
- Brush lightly with melted butter, dust with salt and pepper, and broil over a clear fire or under the gas flame.
- When the inside is done and nicely browned, turn and broil slightly on the skin side.
- Serve with Maitre d'Hotel sauce, or, if preferred, Bechamel sauce or Hollandaise sauce.
The Broiled Shad a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe. Can be ready in 25 minutes.
This recipe for Broiled Shad serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Broiled Shad recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shad
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled