4 - 6 servings
How to cook Broiled Shrimp with Coconut
- 1 pound cooked shrimp
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 6 tablespoons sherry
- Grated coconut as needed
- Simmer onion in butter; add other ingredients except shrimp, sherry and coconut.
- Stir until cheese has melted. Add sherry.
- Pour over shrimp arrange in individual ramekins.
- Broil 5 minutes under low heat.
- When almost done, sprinkle with grated coconut and let brown.
- Serve the Broiled Shrimp with Coconut very hot.
The Broiled Shrimp with Coconut recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
Most ovens only have one broil setting, so you can regulate the heat by lowering the shelf. This should be 5 to 6 inches away from the heat source.
This recipe for Broiled Shrimp with Coconut serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Broiled Shrimp with Coconut recipe is adopted from The Recipe Hall Of Fame Quick & Easy Cookbook: Winning Recipes From Hometown America.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled