How to cook Broiled Spicy Shark Fillets
- 1 pound shark fillets (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Place shark fillets in a plastic bag. Add lemon juice, parsley, basil, garlic, chili sauce and soy sauce. Close bag and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Remove shark fillets from bag and save marinade. Place shark on rack of pre-heated broiler about 3 inches from heat and broil for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn shark fillets over, brush top with marinade and broil an additional 5 to 8 minutes until fish flakes when tested with fork.
- Boil rest of marinade until it is reduced by half and pour over fillets when serving.
For a better taste put the shark fillets or steaks in milk or buttermilk and soak overnight. That will draw out any unpleasantness.
This recipe for Broiled Spicy Shark Fillets serves/makes: 3
The Broiled Spicy Shark Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shark
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled