How to cook Broiled Swordfish Steaks
- 4 swordfish steaks
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) green peppercorns
- 6 tablespoons (90 mL) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- Freshly ground sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) oil
- Oregano sprigs
- Lightly crush green peppercorns.
- Mix in lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt and crushed pepper.
- Arrange fish steaks into a shallow oven-safe dish.
- Pour lemon juice mixture all over fish steaks; top with oregano sprigs.
- Marinate overnight, refrigerated, turning fish steaks from time to time, until fish meat no longer is translucent.
- Into a food processor, beat together egg and minced garlic.
- Slowly pour in oil, into a thin stream through opening, food processor on.
- Beat until mayonnaise is thick; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove oregano sprigs from dish; mince oregano leaves, to get 2 teaspoons (10 mL) and reserve.
- Preheat broil.
- Transfer fish steaks onto a wire rack, into a roasting pan.
- Sprinkle fish steaks with reserved minced oregano leaves.
- Broil fish steaks for 15 minutes, turning and brushing steaks often with green peppercorns marinade.
- When done, transfer fish steaks onto a serving plate.
- Serve coated with garlic mayonnaise.
Swordfish, which really is flavorful, can easily be found in fish markets.
It can be replaced with fresh tuna
This recipe for Broiled Swordfish Steaks serves/makes: 4
The Broiled Swordfish Steaks recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Swordfish
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled