3 - 4 servings
How to cook Broiled Tilapia Parmesan
- 3-4 tilapia fillets (about 6 ounces each), thawed if frozen
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 ounce softened butter
- 2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning for fish
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat your oven's broiler.
- Rinse the fish fillets under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Grease a baking dish or aluminum foil baking pan with olive oil and lay the fish in one layer.
- Combine in a bowl grated Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise, chopped garlic, seasoning for fish, dried basil and lemon juice. Mix thoroughly.
- Broil the tilapia fillets 4-5 inches from the heat for approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the tilapia fillets and broil them for a few more minutes.
- Take the tilapia fillets out of the broiler and spread the Parmesan cheese mixture over the top of the fish.
- Insert the fish in the broiler once more and broil the tilapia fillets until the topping is turned brown.
- Place the broiled tilapia Parmesan on a serving plate and garnish with lemon slices and fresh parsley.
The Broiled Tilapia Parmesan
recipe very easy to cook and so good!
Instead of 1/2 teaspoon of seasoning for fish and 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil you can use 1 teaspoon of Italian or Provencal herb blend
This recipe for Broiled Tilapia Parmesan serves/makes: 3 - 4 servings
The Broiled Tilapia Parmesan recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled