4 - 6
How to cook Broiled Tilapia with Mushrooms
- 4-6 tilapia fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 8 ounces stewed tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups dry white wine
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 lb mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Combine tomatoes and onions.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Poach tilapia in wine about 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer to serving dish to keep warm.
- Reduce wine to one cup. Combine 1 teaspoon butter and cornstarch, whisk into wine reduction until smooth and mixture thickens.
- Saute mushrooms and shallots in remaining 2 teaspoons Butter about 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomato mixture, spoon over fish.
- Fold in whipped cream into wine mixture and season to taste.
- Spread over fish.
- Broil until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes.
This recipe for Broiled Tilapia with Mushrooms serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Broiled Tilapia with Mushrooms recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled