How to cook Broiled Walleye or Saugeye Fillets
- 1 1/2 pounds Walleye or Saugeye fillets
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Combine all ingredients except fish and mix well.
- Place fillets in a large ziplock bag and pour the marinade mixture over them.
- Push out air and seal the bag.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, turning the bag over midway.
- Spray the broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove the fillets from marinade and place them on the pan.
- Broil for 8-10 minutes, until fish is firm and opaque, and easy to flake with fork.
- Serve the Broiled Walleye or Saugeye Fillets hot with mashed potatoes and some vegetable salad, if desired.
The Broiled Walleye or Saugeye Fillets is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Broiled Walleye or Saugeye Fillets serves/makes: 4 servings
The Broiled Walleye or Saugeye Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Walleye
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled