How to cook Broiled Walleye with Orange Chili Noodles
- 1 pounds fresh walleye fillets
- 12 ounces dried Chinese egg noodles or spaghetti
Orange Chili Sauce for noodles:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon peeled, minced fresh ginger
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup sweet hot chili sauce (set 1/3 cup aside for walleye glaze)
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat broiler.
- Set the walleye fillets and 1/3 cup sweet hot chili sauce aside.
- In stockpot over high heat, bring about 8 cups of water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain and place in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix all other ingredients, pour the dressing over noodles, and toss well. Let sit for at least 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Coat the walleye fillets well with the remaining chili sauce, and place in the oven broiler. Broil for about 5 minutes on each side, basting frequently with sauce.
- Walleye is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve the Broiled Walleye Fillets with Noodles in Orange Chili Sauce.
The Broiled Walleye with Orange Chili Noodles is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Broiled Walleye with Orange Chili Noodles serves/makes: 4 servings
The Broiled Walleye with Orange Chili Noodles recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Walleye
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled