How to cook Broth-Poach Fish
- Any fish
- 6 cups (1.5 L) water
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) coarse salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cider vinegar, lemon juice or 1 unpeeled sliced lemon
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- Few sprigs parsley, fresh or dried
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tablespoon (3.75 mL) thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon (7.5 mL) peppercorns
- 2 onions, quartered
- Transfer all ingredients into an 8-cup (2-L) dish.
- Microwave on 'MAXIMUM' for 15 minutes.
- Leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Strain broth; pour strained liquid back into cooking dish.
- Microwave fish in liquid on 'MAXIMUM', for the required time for each kind of fish, according to its weight.
Oven: 700 watts
Preparation time: 7 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Waiting time: 15 minutes
The Broth-Poach Fish recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Microwave