How to cook Bulgarian Baked Stuffed Carp
- 1 whole carp, about 5 pounds
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 ounces rice
- 2 ounces butter (1/4 stick)
- 1 carrot, grated on a coarse grater
- 2 medium-size onions, chopped
- 6-8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2-3 pinches thyme
- 2-3 pinches savory
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- Few lemon slices
- Few tomato slices
- Carefully clean the fish, remove the entrails and gills. Cut the fins. Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper inside and out. Drizzle with lemon juice. Let stand for about 30 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile cook the rice.
- In a frying pan heat the butter and saute the grated carrots, chopped onion, sliced mushrooms and walnuts. Season with a little salt. In the end of cooking, add the cooked rice, thyme, savory, black pepper, chopped parsley and chopped tomato.
- Mix and season with a little salt again. Stuff the marinated carp with this mixture.
- Secure the belly of the fish closed with a toothpick or wooden skewer. Rub with spices.
- Put the stuffed carp into an oven plastic bag. Lay around the remaining stuffing. Top the fish with sliced lemon and tomato. (You can use foil instead of the oven plastic bag.)
- Bake at 355°F (180°C) for about 50 minutes. Carefully open the plastic bag and bake for another 30 minutes to slightly brown top of fish.
- Serve the Bulgarian Baked Stuffed Carp hot.
The Bulgarian Baked Stuffed Carp
recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Bulgarian Baked Stuffed Carp serves/makes: 8 servings
The Bulgarian Baked Stuffed Carp recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Baked
Cuisine: Other European
(more Other European