4 - 6
How to cook Butterfly Shrimp
- 2 pounds (1 kg) large shelled shrimps (with or without tails)
- 1 cup (250 mL) sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) sugar
- A little curry powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) salad oil
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Cut shrimps along the back throw away veins, and open-up shrimps, butterfly-style.
- For even better looking shrimps, cut shrimps from back to front, and bring each tail through the opening.
- Mix together flour, sugar, salt and curry powder.
- Add egg, water and salad oil, beating well.
- Coat shrimps with mixture.
- Deep fry shrimps in hot, 375 degrees F (190°C) oil, until golden brown.
- Dry shrimps onto paper toweling.
- Serve the Butterfly Shrimp immediately.
The the Butterfly Shrimp is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe. Can be ready in 20 minutes.
This recipe for Butterfly Shrimp serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Butterfly Shrimp recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried