How to cook Buttermilk Fried Whitefish Fillets
- 1 pound whitefish fillets
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup flour
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Cut the whitefish fillets into 1-inch strips. Mix the buttermilk, salt and pepper in a bowl or pie plate and add the whitefish strips. Turn once and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, mix the cornmeal and flour and spread on a sheet of wax paper.
- Pour 2 inches of oil into a deep fryer or heavy pan. Heat until a fat thermometer registers 375°F (190°C).
- Roll the strips of whitefish in the cornmeal mixture, shake to remove any excess and, using tongs, lower a few strips into the hot oil.
- Fry, turning, until the fish is browned on both sides, about 3 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and repeat with remaining strips of fish.
- Serve the Buttermilk Fried Whitefish Fillets hot with ketchup or cocktail sauce.
The Buttermilk Fried Whitefish Fillets recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Buttermilk Fried Whitefish Fillets serves/makes: 4 servings
The Buttermilk Fried Whitefish Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Whitefish
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried