How to cook Cajun Blackened Arctic Char
- 2 pounds Arctic char fillets (approximately 1 inch thick)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Cajun spices (store bought or homemade, see the recipe below)
- 1 lemon
Cajun Spices Ingredients:
- Melt butter in a cast-iron or heavy-bottomed frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add Cajun spice and heat thoroughly.
- Place char fillets in pan. Squeeze juice of one lemon into pan.
- Cook char for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve the Cajun Blackened Arctic Char with remaining lemon wedges and pan drippings.
How to cook Cajun Spices
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Mix the spices together and store in a spice jar.
The Cajun Blackened Arctic Char recipe easy to prepare and so good!
Don't be afraid to substitute salmon
, perch, shrimp
, or any firm-fleshed seafood or fish for the char
This recipe for Cajun Blackened Arctic Char serves/makes: 4
The Cajun Blackened Arctic Char recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Char
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed