How to cook Cajun Blackened Whitefish
- 6 large whitefish fillets (about 6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons Cajun spices (store bought or homemade, see the recipe below)
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
Cajun Spices Ingredients:
- Melt butter in small pan. Brush each fish fillet well with butter.
- Mix Cajun spices and paprika. Sprinkle over the fish. Rub spice mix evenly over fillets with fingers.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Place one or two fillets in the dry hot pan. Drizzle with any leftover butter.
- Cook 1-2 minutes on high heat or until blackened. Turn and cook 1-2 minutes more. The surface should be well charred on each side. Remove from skillet and keep warm while cooking the remaining fillets.
- Serve the Cajun Blackened Whitefish warm with remaining melted butter and steamed plain white rice.
How to cook Cajun Spices
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Mix the spices together and store in a spice jar.
The Cajun Blackened Whitefish recipe easy to prepare and so good!
For best results, choose fish fillets of an even thickness and no more than 1/2 inch thick.
Don't be afraid to substitute salmon
, perch, shrimp
, or any firm-fleshed seafood or fish for the whitefish
This recipe for Cajun Blackened Whitefish serves/makes: 6
The Cajun Blackened Whitefish recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Whitefish
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed