6 - 8
How to cook Cajun Catfish Court Bouillon
- 2 pounds catfish fillets, cut into 3-inch chunks
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup oil
- 4 onions, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 quarts water
- Salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper, to taste
- Make a light brown roux with flour and oil; add onions, celery, garlic, bell pepper, and tomatoes; add water and simmer for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Season the catfish fillets with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper and add to court bouillon.
- Cook gently for about 10 minutes, covered. Do not stir after the fish has been added; gently shake the pot during the 10 minutes of cooking.
- Serve the Cajun Catfish Court Bouillon over cooked rice in soup bowls.
This recipe for Cajun Catfish Court Bouillon serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Cajun Catfish Court Bouillon recipe is adopted from The Cajun Cuisine - 1985.
Main Ingredient: Catfish
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew