How to cook Cajun Catfish with Shrimp and Bell Pepper
- 2 thin catfish fillets (about 4 to 6 ounces each)
- 8 - 12 medium to small shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- Cajun spice (available in most grocery stores)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon peanut oil
- Your favorite steamed rice
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Prepare rice before starting catfish - this dish comes together quickly.
- Place oil in pan or electric skillet over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle Cajun seasoning to taste on fillets (do not dredge).
- When oil is hot place fillets in pan, adjust heat as necessary. Cook 3-4 minutes then turn.
- Add shrimp and peppers about one minute after flipping.
- Cook another 3-4 minutes, making sure not too over cook the shrimp.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Spoon hot steamed rice onto middle of the plate then place catfish on the rice followed by shrimp and bell peppers.
- Garnish the Cajun Catfish with Shrimp and Bell Pepper with chopped parsley, if desired.
The Cajun Catfish with Shrimp and Bell Pepper recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Cajun Catfish with Shrimp and Bell Pepper serves/makes: 2 servings
The Cajun Catfish with Shrimp and Bell Pepper recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Catfish
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed