10 - 12
How to cook Cajun Corn Soup with Shrimp
- 6-ounces cooked shrimps, cleaned and chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 3 (16-ounce) cans whole kernel corn
- 1 (16-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) can tomatoes with chilies
- 1 gallon water
- Salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion tops
- Make a light brown roux with oil and flour; add onion, bell pepper, garlic, celery, tomatoes with chilies, and stewed tomatoes. Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add whole kernel corn and cream-style corn, mixing well. Add water, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Simmer for 1 hour.
- Add shrimp and continue to cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Add green onion tops and serve the Cajun Corn Soup with Shrimp hot in soup bowls.
The Cajun Corn Soup with Shrimp recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Cajun Corn Soup with Shrimp serves/makes: 10 - 12
The Cajun Corn Soup with Shrimp recipe is adopted from The Cajun Cuisine - 1985.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew