How to cook Cajun Crab Meat Soup
- 2 pounds fresh crab meat
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 4 small onions, grated
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup chopped celery leaves
- Pinch of thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 quarts water
- Salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley, for garnish
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- Melt butter in a large saucepan; add onions and cook until onions are transparent. Add bay leaf, celery leaves, thyme and garlic; mix well. Add tomato sauce and mix again.
- Stir in flour and mix until well blended; slowly add water, stirring, until mixture is well blended.
- Add crab meat, salt and pepper; bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes. (Be careful not to break up crab meat).
- Serve in soup bowls, sprinkled with chopped parsley and topped with lemon slices, if desired.
The Cajun Crab Meat Soup recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Cajun Crab Meat Soup serves/makes: 8
The Cajun Crab Meat Soup recipe is adopted from The Cajun Cuisine - 1985.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew