How to cook Cajun Crab Stew
- 30 fresh crabs, back shell removed and body cut in half
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 quarts hot water
- Salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion tops
- Make a dark brown roux with oil and flour; add onions, celery, bell pepper and garlic and cook until onions are transparent.
- Add hot water and cook, stirring, until roux is dissolved; add crab pieces, salt, cayenne pepper and simmer for about one hour and twenty minutes.
- Add parsley and green onion tops.
- Serve the Cajun Crab Stew over cooked rice.
The Cajun Crab Stew a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Cajun Crab Stew serves/makes: 8
The Cajun Crab Stew recipe is adopted from The Cajun Cuisine - 1985.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew