About 24 puffs
How to cook Cajun Crayfish Puffs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups chopped crayfish
- 3 cups cooked, cooled rice
- 1 bunch chopped green onions
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Sift all dry ingredients. Beat egg yolks, milk, and oil until blended. Add to dry ingredients and beat until blended.
- Stir in crayfish, rice, pepper, onions, and parsley. Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Fold into batter. Add pepper to taste. Drop from tablespoon into hot oil ( 375°F / 190°C).
- Fry until golden and puffy, 3 to 4 minutes; turn once. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve the Cajun Crayfish Puffs with cocktail sauce or tartar sauce.
The Cajun Crayfish Puffs recipe easy to prepare and so good!
Crawfish, Crayfish or Crawdads are freshwater crustaceans resembling small lobsters, to which they are related in same family.
This recipe for Cajun Crayfish Puffs serves/makes: About 24 puffs
The Cajun Crayfish Puffs recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Crayfish
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried