How to cook Cajun Fried Eel
- 1 pound fresh eel, cleaned and skinned, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup blended oil
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 teaspoons salt
- Wash the pieces of eel thoroughly under cold running water.
- Place the pieces of eel in vinegar and let it soak for an hour to lose some of its fat.
- Rinse well under cold running water, drain it well.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 cup flour, seasonings, oil, garlic, onion, and pepper.
- Add the eel to this mixture and then marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Dredge the marinated eel in flour.
- In a saute pan over medium heat, sear the eel until golden brown, about 7 minutes.
- Add the white wine and cook until reduced by half.
- Add the butter and cook until it melts and browns slightly.
- Divide the Cajun Fried Eel on serving plates and top with the butter sauce.
The Cajun Fried Eel is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
How to skin Eel:
The eel needs to be skinned, usually accomplished by putting the head on a hook or nail, cutting the skin around the neck area and peeling the skin back inside out towards the tail, like taking off a sock. washed it thoroughly in cold clean water. Wipe the fish from the entrails and cut into slices.
This recipe for Cajun Fried Eel serves/makes: 4 servings
The Cajun Fried Eel recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Eel
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed