How to cook Cajun Fried Whole Porgy
- 4 fresh whole porgies (scup), about 1 pounds each
- 1-2 eggs, beaten to mixture
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs or fresh cracker meal
- 1/4 cup olive oil for frying
- Garlic powder to taste
- Paprika to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste (Extremely spicy)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- Parsley (for garnish)
- Clean and scale whole fish, remove heads.
- Season flour to taste with seasoned salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
- Pat fish dry and coat lightly with flour mixture.
- Dip in beaten egg mixture and let egg drip off.
- Roll into plain bread crumbs or fresh cracker meal.
- Fry in olive oil until brown and sprinkle with additional cayenne pepper to taste.
- Garnish the Cajun Fried Whole Porgy with parsley and serve hot immediately.
The Cajun Fried Whole Porgy is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
, also known as scup, is a lean fish with a coarse texture and delicate flavor, consisting of a large family of fish found in temperate and tropical waters all over the world.
This recipe for Cajun Fried Whole Porgy serves/makes: 4 servings
The Cajun Fried Whole Porgy recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Porgy
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed