How to cook Cajun Lobster Etouffee
- 1 pound lobster tail, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into fine strips
- 1 teaspoon Cajun spices (store bought or homemade, see the recipe below)
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cups seafood or chicken stock
- 1/3 cup red-brown roux
- 3 green onions
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1 celery stalk
Cajun Spices Ingredients:
- To prepare Cajun Vegetables: Peel, trim and finely chop the vegetables.
- Heat butter in saucepan. Cook the Cajun vegetables and bell pepper in butter for 5 minutes. Add Cajun spices, celery salt, basil and chili pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes more.
- In another pan bring stock to a boil. Whisk in roux and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the vegetables and simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add lobster and finely chopped green onions; cook for 3-4 minutes or until lobster is just tender.
- Serve the Cajun Lobster Etouffee over steamed white rice.
How to cook Cajun Spices
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Mix the spices together and store in a spice jar.
The Cajun Lobster Etouffee recipe easy to prepare and so good!
is a Cajun dish typically served with shellfish or chicken over rice and is similar to gumbo. It is most popular in New Orleans and in the bayou country of the southernmost half of Louisiana.
can be used in this recipe instead of lobster
This recipe for Cajun Lobster Etouffee serves/makes: 6
The Cajun Lobster Etouffee recipe is adopted from The California School of Culinary Arts in Pasadena - November 8, 2005.
The photo is submitted by Kurtis Cheatham - 2/11/12.
Main Ingredient: Lobster
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered