How to cook Cajun Mardi Gras Shrimp and Sausage
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp, heads removed and deveined, but not peeled
- 1 pound "andouille" or "tasso" sausage (any lean smoked sausage will work), sliced
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3 lemons
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 cup Asian chili sauce
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano, crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place shrimp and sausage in a greased casserole dish. Top with melted butter.
- Juice 1 1/2 lemon and place into a blender, add remaining ingredients and spices, blend well.
- Pour hot sauce liquid over shrimp, mix well and bake at 400°F (200°C) for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, garnish with sliced lemon wedges.
- Serve the Cajun Mardi Gras Shrimp and Sausage over cooked rice in soup bowls with crusty bread and loads of fresh sliced lemon.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
The Cajun Mardi Gras Shrimp and Sausage recipe very easy to cook and so good!
This Cajun Mardi Gras Shrimp and Sausage
are beyond delicious.
When you mix butter, spices, more butter, lemon and shrimp, it’s about to be a party in your mouth.
- You need really large shrimp. The bigger the better - so go with extra-large shrimp if possible.
- If you have the Louisiana brand of smoked sausage like "andouille" or "tasso" - you’re one lucky person. (These brands are most often associated with Louisiana Cajun and Creole cuisine, especially in gumbo dish.) If you can not find them - you can use any lean smoked sausage.
This recipe for Cajun Mardi Gras Shrimp and Sausage serves/makes: 4 servings
The Cajun Mardi Gras Shrimp and Sausage recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew