How to cook Cajun Oyster Croquettes
- 1 pint oysters, drained
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- 1 cup of soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash of hot pepper sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons butter or oleo, melted
- 1 cup of dry bread crumbs
- Pour boiling water over oysters; drain well; chop fine.
- Add onion, parsley, soft bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and hot sauce; blend this mixture with 1 beaten egg and the butter. Chill for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Shape into tiny balls; roll in remaining beaten egg, then in dry bread crumbs. Deep fry in fat at 360°F until brown; drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve the Oyster Croquettes hot on toothpicks.
The Cajun Oyster Croquettes recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Cajun Oyster Croquettes serves/makes: 4
The Cajun Oyster Croquettes recipe is adopted from The Cajun Cuisine - 1985.
Main Ingredient: Oysters
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried