1 dozen large or 3 dozen bite-size patty shells
How to cook Cajun Oysters in Patty Shells
- 5 dozen oysters, reserve the oyster liquor
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 dozen, 3-inch patty shells or 36 miniature shells, baked
- If using miniature shells, chop oysters coarsely.
- Bring oysters and oyster liquid to a boil; simmer for 10 minutes and drain; reserve liquid.
- Saute onions in butter until translucent; blend in flour. Add oysters, parsley, salt and cayenne pepper and cook for about 6 minutes; if mixture is too dry, add some of the oyster liquid.
- Pour into patty shells; bake at 400°F (200°C) for 15 minutes.
The Cajun Oysters in Patty Shells recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Cajun Oysters in Patty Shells serves/makes: 1 dozen large or 3 dozen bite-size patty shells
The Cajun Oysters in Patty Shells recipe is adopted from The Cajun Cuisine - 1985.
Main Ingredient: Oysters
Preparation Method: Baked