How to cook Cajun Popcorn
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup fine cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Oil, for deep frying
- 4 teaspoons Cajun spices
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Peel and devein shrimp. Rinse the shrimp and dry well with paper towels.
- Beat the egg and milk together. In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, Cajun spices, basil and celery salt. Add half the beaten egg mixture and mix to a smooth paste. Add the remaining egg mixture, mix well and let stand 30 minutes.
- Dip the shrimp into the batter and deep-fry in small batches in moderately hot oil 375°F (190°C), until crisp and lightly golden. Remove with a slotted spoon or strainer.
- Drain briefly on paper towels and serve hot with a sauce of your choice.
The Cajun Popcorn recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Cajun Popcorn serves/makes: 6
The Cajun Popcorn recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried