10 - 12
How to cook Cajun Redfish Court Bouillon
- 4 pounds redfish (catfish or red snapper) fillets, cut into 3-inch chunks
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16-ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 (6-ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 1/2 quarts water
- Salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper, to taste
- Red wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion tops
- Make a dark brown roux of butter and flour; add onions, celery and garlic and cook until the onions are transparent.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste and cook slowly, stirring, for 5 minutes; add water and simmer for 1 hour.
- Season fish with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper and dip in red wine. Add to tomato sauce and cook on low heat about 15 minutes, without stirring.
- Add parsley and green onion tops about 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve the Cajun Redfish Court Bouillon over cooked white rice in soup bowls.
This recipe for Cajun Redfish Court Bouillon serves/makes: 10 - 12
The Cajun Redfish Court Bouillon recipe is adopted from The Cajun Cuisine - 1985.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew