How to cook Cajun Seafood Crepes
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Cajun spices (store bought or homemade, see the recipe below)
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 8 ounces shrimp, cooked, peeled and chopped
- 1 (6-ounce) can crab meat, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 24 oysters, shell removed
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
Cajun Spices Ingredients:
- Combine milk, flour, eggs, and melted butter. Beat with a rotary beater till well mixed. Cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- In a saucepan cook the white portion of onions in the butter for 2 minutes. Add flour, Cajun spices, paprika and tomato. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add wine, stirring until sauce has thickened.
- Stir in shrimp and crab meat and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Stir cream into seafood mixture. Cook and stir until thickened. Add oysters and green portions of onions; cook a few minutes or until edges of oysters curl. Set aside.
- For crepes, heat a lightly greased 6-inch skillet. Remove from heat. Spoon in 2 tablespoons of the crepe batter. Lift and tilt the skillet to spread batter. Return to heat. Cook one side and turn to cook other side to a light golden brown. Remove crepe from pan. Repeat process until all batter is used. Stack crepes and cover with a clean cloth as they are cooked.
- Fill each crepe with some of the seafood mixture; roll up crepe and arrange side by side in an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with cheese and bake in a 400°F (200°C) oven for 10 minutes.
How to cook Cajun Spices
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Mix the spices together and store in a spice jar.
The Cajun Seafood Crepes recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Cajun Seafood Crepes serves/makes: 6
The Cajun Seafood Crepes recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Seafood Mix
(more Seafood Mix
Preparation Method: Baked