6 - 8
How to cook Cajun Shrimp and Crab Gumbo
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 pound crab meat
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 4 cups water
- Salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion tops
- Make a dark roux with oil and flour; add bell pepper, onion, and celery and cook until onions are transparent.
- Gradually add water and continue cooking for at least 1 hour.
- Adjust seasoning to taste; add shrimp, crab, parsley, and green onion tops and simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve the Cajun Shrimp and Crab Gumbo over cooked rice in soup bowls.
The Cajun Shrimp and Crab Gumbo recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
is a stew or soup originating in Louisiana which is popular across the Gulf Coast of the United States and into the U.S. South. It consists primarily of a strong stock, meat and/or shellfish, a thickener, and the vegetable "holy trinity" of celery, bell peppers, and onion. The soup is traditionally served over rice.
This recipe for Cajun Shrimp and Crab Gumbo serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Cajun Shrimp and Crab Gumbo recipe is adopted from The Cajun Cuisine - 1985.
Main Ingredient: Seafood Mix
(more Seafood Mix
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew