How to cook Cajun Simplified Bouillabaisse
- 6 pounds red snapper or redfish, cleaned
- 1 cup oil
- Salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- 3 onions, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- Pour oil into a heavy, large pot, coating sides well. Season fish with salt and cayenne pepper.
- In the pot, layer fish, onions, tomatoes, garlic, and bell pepper. Continue to layer these ingredients until all the fish has been used, finishing with a layer of onions and tomatoes.
- Cover pot and put on a very low heat and cook for 2 hours. Do not stir.
- Serve the Bouillabaisse over cooked rice in soup bowls.
The Cajun Simplified Bouillabaisse recipe easy to prepare and so good!
is a classic French recipe of fish and/or seafood stew from Marseilles.
This recipe for Cajun Simplified Bouillabaisse serves/makes: 12
The Cajun Simplified Bouillabaisse recipe is adopted from The Cajun Cuisine: authentic Cajun recipes from Louisiana's bayou country - 1985.
Main Ingredient: Snapper
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew