How to cook Cajun Stuffed Crabs
- 6 medium cooked crabs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 fresh chili, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme pepper
- 3/4 cup condensed seafood bisque
- 1 cup fine fresh bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1 celery stalk
- To prepare Cajun Vegetables: Peel, trim and finely chop the vegetables.
- Open the crabs and remove the inedible parts. Pull away legs and claws; crack open and extract the meat.
- Scrub the crab back shells and set aside. Shred the crab meat with your fingers, picking out the fragments of shell.
- Heat butter in a skillet and cook the chopped garlic, bell pepper, Cajun vegetables and chopped chili for 5 minutes.
- Add the celery salt, thyme, pepper and bisque and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the crab meat with half of the bread crumbs. Stir briefly over high heat.
- Pack mixture into the crab shells. Smooth the tops and press remaining crumbs over the surface.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (220°C). Place crabs on a baking sheet and bake about 15 minutes or until heated through and golden.
The Cajun Stuffed Crabs recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Cajun Stuffed Crabs serves/makes: 6
The Cajun Stuffed Crabs recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Baked