How to cook Cajun Stuffed Peppers with Crab Meat
- 2 (6-ounce) cans crab meat, drained and flaked
- 6 small red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun spices (store bought or homemade, see the recipe below)
- 1 cup fine fresh bread crumbs
Cajun Spices Ingredients:
- Cut tops from peppers; remove seeds and trim the inner ribs.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in a pan and cook garlic, onion and celery until softened. Add crab meat and Cajun spices. Cook briefly. Stir in half the bread crumbs.
- Spoon mixture into peppers. Stand in a greased ovenproof dish. Cover with remaining crumbs and dot with remaining butter. Pour 1/2 cup water into the dish.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 30 minutes.
- Serve the Cajun Stuffed Peppers with Crab Meat hot.
How to cook Cajun Spices
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Mix the spices together and store in a spice jar.
The Cajun Stuffed Peppers with Crab Meat recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Cajun Stuffed Peppers with Crab Meat serves/makes: 6
The Cajun Stuffed Peppers with Crab Meat recipe is adopted from The California School of Culinary Arts in Pasadena - November 8, 2005.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Baked