How to cook Cajun Swordfish Steaks
- 2 swordfish steaks, 1 inch thick, about 6-8 ounces each
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and diced
- 1/2 medium red or yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Arrange swordfish steaks side by side but in opposite directions in a microwave-safe dish, press thin belly flaps together, against other steak.
- Rub the top of each steak with 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce and 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice, then sprinkle or rub with 1/8 teaspoon spice blend.
- Sprinkle peppers over fish in center of the dish.
- Cover dish tightly with plastic wrap and microwave on high (MAX power) until flesh is nearly opaque, about 5 1/2 to 6 minutes.
- Before serving let cooked swordfish steaks stand, still covered (puncture plastic wrap if tightly sealed), 1-2 minutes longer.
The Cajun Swordfish Steaks dish is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
If cooking 4 steaks, arrange in a circle with belly flaps toward the center of the dish. Cook one steak 3 1/2 to 4 minutes, 2 steaks 5 1/2 to 6 minutes, 4 steaks about 7 minutes.
If desired, use halibut
, etc., instead of swordfish.
This recipe for Cajun Swordfish Steaks serves/makes: 2
The Cajun Swordfish Steaks recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Swordfish
Preparation Method: Microwave