8 - 12
How to cook Cajun Trout Stuffed with Seafood
- 16 speckled trout fillets (about 4 to 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 pound crab meat, picked to remove all shells
- 1/4 pound shrimp, peeled
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- Salt and red pepper to taste
Shrimp Mushroom Sauce:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 pound shrimp
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- TO PREPARE STUFFING - Saute onions and celery in butter. Add crab meat and shrimp and simmer, uncovered, until shrimp is cooked, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add bread crumbs to thicken mixture. Add salt and red pepper to taste.
- Butter two 9x13-inch baking dishes. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Place 4 trout fillets in each and top with a scoop of stuffing, followed by another trout fillet. Drizzle melted butter on top. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until fish is done.
- While fish is baking, prepare Shrimp Mushroom Sauce by melting butter and sautéing celery, green onions, onions and garlic. Add shrimp and simmer until pink. Add mushrooms and white wine. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. Arrange trout on serving platter and pour sauce over fish. Some of the Shrimp Mushroom Sauce may be reserved and served in a gravy boat.
The Cajun Trout Stuffed with Seafood recipe very easy to prepare and so good! Exceptional dish - great for company.
This recipe for Cajun Trout Stuffed with Seafood serves/makes: 8 - 12
The Cajun Trout Stuffed with Seafood recipe is adopted from The Cajun Cuisine - 1985.
Main Ingredient: Seafood Mix
(more Seafood Mix
Preparation Method: Baked