How to cook Cajun Trout (simplified)
- 4 (6-ounce / 170-g each) trout fillets
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) Cajun spices (store bought or homemade, see the recipe below)
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound (227 g) red cherry tomatoes (approximately 16 tomatoes), halved
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) thyme
Cajun Spices Ingredients:
- Sprinkle trout fillets, on one side only, with Cajun spices.
- In a large fry pan, preheat olive oil.
- Brown chopped onion in hot olive oil for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add trout fillets, sprinkled side down.
- Add tomato halves sprinkle with thyme and cook, over low heat, for 4 minutes.
- Turn trout fillets.
- Cook for 4 more minutes, until trout flesh can easily broken-up with a fork.
How to cook Cajun Spices
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Mix the spices together and store in a spice jar.
The Cajun Trout (simplified) recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Cajun Trout (simplified) serves/makes: 4
The Cajun Trout (simplified) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
The photo is submitted by Marshall McCormick - 01.05.13.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed