How to cook California Mussels in Cream Sauce
- 12 New Zealand green-lipped mussels, cleaned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tsp shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Serrano chili, minced
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil and butter. Add the shallots, garlic, mussels and wine. Cover and allow to cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until mussels open. Remove the lid and discard any mussels that haven't opened.
- Reduce by half the remaining liquid in the pan. Add cream, tomato, onion, cilantro and chili. Continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Remove the mussels from the pan and arrange them on a serving plate. Continue cooking the cream sauce until it is reduced by half.
- Pour the sauce over the mussels and serve.
The California Mussels in Cream Sauce recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This is a wonderful appetizer served with warm French bread.
This recipe for California Mussels in Cream Sauce serves/makes: 4
The California Mussels in Cream Sauce recipe is adopted from Cooking Secrets California by Kathleen DeVanna Fish - 2002.
Main Ingredient: Mussels
Preparation Method: Appetizer