How to cook California Oyster Omelette
- 6 small fresh shucked oysters, liquor reserved
- 1 ripe California avocado
- 3 eggs, beaten well
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 mushroom caps, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Additional butter
- Peel avocado, cut in half and remove pit. Dice one half and cut the other half into 4 slices; reserve.
- In a small skillet, melt butter and saute shallots until tender, about 2 minutes; add mushrooms and sauté 2 minutes more. Stir in flour, then gradually add cream and reserved oyster liquor; cook over medium heat until thickened. Add oysters and cook until they are plump. Remove from heat; stir in diced avocado, salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt additional butter in an omelette pan or small skillet. Add eggs and cook slowly until eggs are as firm as you like them. Pour oyster mixture on one half, then fold eggs over. Cut in quarters and serve on warm plates.
- Garnish the California Oyster Omelette with avocado slices and paprika.
The California Oyster Omelette recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for California Oyster Omelette serves/makes: 2 servings
The California Oyster Omelette recipe is adopted from The Oysters A Connoisseur’s Guide & Cookbook by Lonnie Williams and Karen Warner.
Main Ingredient: Oysters
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed