How to cook Cambodian Raw Cod Fish Salad
- 1 pound fresh cod fillet, skinless and boneless
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 6 fresh green beans, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon nuoc mam (fish sauce)
- 1 small hot red chili, seeded and thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 head Bibb or iceberg lettuce leaves
- Fresh mint leaves, to garnish
- Fresh coriander, to garnish
- Chop the fish very small. Place in a stainless-stell bowl and add lime juice.
- Allow to marinate 1 1/2 hours in the refrigerator. Drain juice from fish.
- Add beans, scallions, garlic, nuoc mam, and optional red chili.
- Toss and serve on lettuce leaves with mint leaves and coriander.
The Cambodian Raw Cod Fish Salad recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
Because the cod does not require any cooking, the cod fish must be really fresh (smells like the "sea" and a good color).
This recipe for Cambodian Raw Cod Fish Salad serves/makes: 6
The Cambodian Raw Cod Fish Salad recipe is adopted from The Frugal Gourmet On Our Immigrant Ancestors 1990.
Main Ingredient: Cod
Preparation Method: Salad
Cuisine: Other Asian
(more Other Asian