6 - 8
How to cook Canadian Sioux Fish Chowder
- 5 cups raw fish fillets, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 4 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup Half-and-Half cream
- 1 quart boiling water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon each of parsley or chives
- Add potatoes, onions, salt and pepper to water.
- Cook about 10 minutes, until vegetables are soft, but not completely cooked.
- Add fish and cook 10 minutes.
- Add milk and cream, stir and heat 15 minutes longer. (DO NOT BOIL.)
- Serve the fish chowder hot with parsley or chives.
The Fish Chowder recipe is from Canadian Indians (Sioux), living in southern Saskatchewan in Canada.
This recipe for Canadian Sioux Fish Chowder serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Canadian Sioux Fish Chowder recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew