How to cook Canning House Oyster Stew
- 1 pint shucked oysters, with liquor
- 8 tablespoons butter
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 4 cups warm milk AND 4 cups light cream (or 8 cups half-and-half)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Sprinkling of white pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, to serve
- Melt butter in a large heavy saucepan over low heat. Add oysters with liquor, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne.
- Simmer until edges of oysters just begin to curl. Slow stir in warm milk and cream (or half-and-half). Season with salt and white pepper.
- Heat slowly until hot, being careful not to let oyster stew come to a boil.
- Ladle stew into 4 soup bowls. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve the Canning House Oyster Stew immediately.
The Canning House Oyster Stew recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Canning House Oyster Stew serves/makes: 4
The Canning House Oyster Stew recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Oysters
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew