2 - 3 servings
How to cook Cape Malay Seafood Curry
- 1 pound firm, thick white fish fillet (like cod or haddock)
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled shelled
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced (or 1/8 teaspoon dry, ground ginger)
- 2 large tomatoes, diced or 1 (16 ounces) can of diced tomatoes, lightly drained
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced 1 teaspoon mild curry powder (not hot)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/3 teaspoon ground fennel seeds 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large pinch ground cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut the fish into 1-inch pieces and peel the shrimp. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan. Fry the onion over mediumhigh heat, until golden brown, 45 min. Stir in the garlic and ginger. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes, diced potatoes, seasonings (except salt), and water. Stir to mix in the spices.
- Simmer the mixture, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes, until the potatoes are very tender.
- Add the salt and mix well. Add the fish and shrimp and stir. Simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes, until the seafood is opaque and cooked through.
- Serve the Cape Malay Seafood Curry over steamed white rice.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 55 mins
The Cape Malay Seafood Curry recipe very simple to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Cape Malay Seafood Curry serves/makes: 2 - 3 servings
The Cape Malay Seafood Curry recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Seafood Mix
(more Seafood Mix
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered