4 - 6 servings
How to cook Caprese Pasta Salad with Shrimp
- 1 pound medium size shrimp, peel and deveined
- 1 pound pasta - shapes of your choice (I used rotini pasta)
- 1 small container baby tomatoes
- 1 container mini mozzarella balls
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- Reserved bacon grease
- 1/2 cup pasta cooking water
- For Balsamic Bacon Basil Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 pack bacon, chopped
- 4 tablespoon bacon grease
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- To prepare Balsamic Bacon Basil Vinaigrette, slice bacon and cook until nice and crispy, remove bacon from pan and set aside.
- Remove 3 tablespoons of bacon grease and set aside for cooking vegetables above. Add 4 tablespoons of olive oil to remaining bacon grease over medium heat.
- Add shallot and cook for about 3 minutes, add basil and garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add black pepper and salt. Slowly add balsamic vinaigrette while whisking well.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes.
- To prepare shrimp, mix seasoning blend and set aside. In a large bowl season shrimp with lemon juice, zest, all the seasoning blend minus 1 tablespoonful and a few tablespoonful of extra virgin olive oil. Mix well and set aside.
- Bring a large part of water to boil, salt water once it starts to boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 minutes or according to package directions. Drain pasta, rinse in cold water, drain again and add a little olive oil to prevent sticking. Reserve 1/2 of pasta cooking water.
- After frying bacon for vinaigrette, add a few tablespoons of bacon grease to pan and a little olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, peppers and tomatoes, cook for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Season with tablespoon of seasoning blend.
- Add shrimp to pan and saute for about 6-8 minutes, until shrimp are cooked through. Add pasta cooking water, vinaigrette and cook for a few minutes.
- Toss mixture with pasta. Add cooked bacon, mozzarella balls and Parmesan cheese, toss well and serve.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
The blending of the flavors from all the ingredients of Caprese Pasta Salad with Shrimp are perfect, so try this recipe and enjoy a good meal with your family.
This recipe for Caprese Pasta Salad with Shrimp serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Caprese Pasta Salad with Shrimp recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Salad