6 - 8
How to cook Capri Seafood Soup
- 1 pound mussels, cleaned
- 1 pound whole uncooked large prawns (shrimps)
- 12 oysters in shell (optional)
- 1 1/2 pounds thick whitefish fillets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh marjoram
- 5 cups basic fish stock
- 1 bay leaf, halved
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Finely chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- Italian crusty bread, to serve
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and cook gently for about 10 minutes, until transparent. Stir in the garlic and cook for several seconds. Add the wine and mussels, cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes, until the mussels open, shaking the pan occasionally. Remove the mussels to a bowl (discard any that have not opened) and set aside.
- Add the tomatoes and marjoram to the wine and onion mixture, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the tomatoes are soft. Mash to a puree. Add the stock, bay leaf, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring the liquid to the boil, then reduce the heat.
- Cut the fish into 5 cm/2 in pieces, add to the saucepan and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Add the prawns and simmer for about 4 minutes, until they turn pink.
- Scrub, open and remove the oysters from the shells-leave tow or three oysters in half shells for garnishing, if desired. Remove the top shells of the mussels and discard. Add the mussels and oysters to the soup during the last 2 minutes while the prawns are cooking.
- Pour the soup into a large bowl or soup tureen, garnish with oysters if desired, sprinkle with parsley and serve with Italian crusty bread.
The Capri Seafood Soup recipe easy to prepare and so good!
The Italian name for this recipe is Zuppa Di Frutti Di Mare Caprese
This recipe for Capri Seafood Soup serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Capri Seafood Soup recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Seafood Mix
(more Seafood Mix
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew