How to cook Caramel Nut Granola Crusted Tilapia
- 4 tilapia fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup Caramel Nut Granola Snacks (ground in a food processor is best)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon (3 teaspoons) oil for frying, divided
- Lemon wedge for garnish
- Combine ground Granola, salt, garlic powder, and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Combine buttermilk and hot sauce in a medium bowl.
- Place flour in a third dish.
- Dredge 1 fillet in flour, dip into buttermilk mixture, then into granola mixture. Repeat with remaining fillets.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook 2 fillets for 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily.
- Add remaining oil and cook additional 2 fillets.
- Garnish the Caramel Nut Granola Crusted Tilapia with a lemon wedges.
The Caramel Nut Granola Crusted Tilapia recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
Comment by Suze:
Similar to a pecan crusted tilapia, this great recipe has the added taste of the caramel from the Caramel Nut Granola to make this a perfect dish for a special occasion or a week night family meal.
This recipe for Caramel Nut Granola Crusted Tilapia serves/makes: 4 servings
The Caramel Nut Granola Crusted Tilapia recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
The Caramel Nut Granola Crusted Tilapia recipe is submitted by Suze (01.17.2011).
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed