How to cook Cardillong Isda
- 2 whole Pampano, cleaned and gutted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying as needed
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs, well-beaten
- Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- With a knife, make two incisions across each side of fish. Season with salt and pepper to taste and let stand for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- In a wide pan over medium heat, heat about 1 inch deep of oil. Add fish and cook, turning as needed, until lightly browned and cooked through. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- In another pan, heat about 1 tablespoon oil. Add onions and garlic and cook until limp. Add tomatoes and cook, mashing with back of spoon, until softened and release juices. Add water and bring to a boil. Add fish and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through.
- In a slow stream, add eggs to pan. Allow to slightly set and then stir into mixture, breaking into pieces. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the Cardillong Isda hot with steamed white rice.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
The Cardillong Isda recipe easy to cook and so good!
Filipino Fish Cardillo (Cardillong Isda
) is a dish with fish in tomato and egg sauce.
This recipe for Cardillong Isda serves/makes: 4 servings
The Cardillong Isda recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pompano
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed